Meet Chef Bernard Henry
Chef Bernard was born and raised on a dairy farm in Alsace-Lorraine, France. He learned to cook watching his mother and grandmother whip up the family specialties. Growing up on a farm with fresh produce, fruit trees, poultry livestock and other fine foods, he has developed a passion for quality cuisine. The organic food trend is nothing new to him and his parents are still tending to their garden the same way they did it 40 years ago.
For years, he was an executive working for a multinational company. His work took him around the world, opening his taste buds to exotic and international cuisine. As a hobby, he spent much of his time trying out new recipes on friends and family. Then, one day, it struck him - why not cook for a living? Food has always been a passion of Chef Bernard's and he is constantly looking for new trends in cooking and obtaining training as needed. Food is also a vehicle to unleash his creative side.
Chef Bernard is professionally trained and he studied at L'Académie de Cuisine, a premiere culinary school in the USA, where he was taught the classic and modern techniques of French cuisine. He has worked in some of the best fine-dining restaurants in the DC area and in France. He is honored to bring the talent and quality he has acquired to your table.
Briar Patch B&B Inn Cooking Class Weekend
Menu for February 15-16, 2019 Weekend
Friday Evening Hors D'oeuvres with Wines from Three Fox Vineyards:
- French Gruyere Gougéres (Mini Cheese Puffs) – These mouth-watering golden-brown savory cheese puffs are served warm straight out of the oven.
- Two-Celery Soup Shooter – This is an extravagant soup and probably the best one you will ever taste!
- Brie & Fig Jam Crostini – Nicely spiced homemade fig spread is layered on toasted French bread with warm brie cheese and green apples for impressive and tasty crostini.
- Peking Duck Roll – Crisp vegetables mixed with seasoned, shredded, oriental duck, combined with housin sauce and wrapped in a delicate spring roll wrapper, a twist on the classic spring roll. Served with a hoisin dipping sauce.
- Chimichurri Meatballs – Chimichurri originated in Argentina & is a popular sauce used with grilled meat in many Latin American countries. We serve them on a bamboo skewe
Saturday Evening Dinner
Looking for a different way to say “I love you” this Valentines Day? Win your way to that special someone’s heart with a romantic dinner by Chef Bernard. The enticing Valentine’s Day menu – complete with melt-in-your mouth filet mignon and a great chocolate dessert – will really get you in the mood. We’ll light the candles for you, uncork some great wines, and you’ll be ready to sink your teeth into some food romance!
- Flirtation: Salmon tartar with wasabi crème fraiche and Cajun mushroom mini sliders.
- Seduction: Raw oysters with cucumber-lime dressing.
- Three Kisses: Lobster, oyster, and scallops in a sauternes broth.
- Love Story: Filet mignon with madeira fig sauce.
- Sweet Finale: Dark chocolate mousse with raspberry coulis.
Our featured winery is Three Fox Vineyards in Delaplane, VA. A representative from the winery will be with us on Friday night to do a wine tasting paired with Chef Bernard's hors d'oeuvres. We will then drink their wines with our dinner on Saturday night.