Meet Chef Ray Ellis
Chef Ray has more than 10 years of experience working at every level in high-end commercial kitchens. He studied and worked under the tutelage of two master chefs and local celebs — Patrick O'Connell at The Inn at Little Washington and Michel Richard at Michel. Following his own passion for gourmet food and customer service, Chef Ray started Verdot Tastings in 2014. Since then, he has counted among his clientele politicians, professional athletes, and corporate executives. Some are so enamored with his service that they fly him to their vacation homes to ensure their parties are top-notch.
Recently, Chef Ray has leveraged his deep understanding of the NOVA scene to start a new venture, Sous Vide, which provides busy families with pre-packaged gourmet foods that can be heated and served in minutes.
Briar Patch B&B Inn Cooking Class Weekend
Menu for January 27-28, 2017
Friday Night Tasting Menu with Wines:
- Mini Caprese Salad
- Fig and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Fried Chicken and Waffle Skewers
- Bison Burger Sliders
Saturday Evening Dinner Menu:
- Amuse Course: Roasted Crab Cake with Asparagus Tips and Dill Cream Sauce
- 1st Course: Feta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken over Sauteed Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Haricot Verts
- Main Course: Cast Iron Rosemary Strip Steak with Brocoletti and a Purple Potato Puree finished with a Red Wine Reduction
- Dessert Course: Triple Berry Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream