Expand Your Culinary Skills at Our Northern Virginia Inn
Learn something new during your next getaway by spending a weekend cooking with us. These getaways are held during our winter season. The February & March cooking class weekends will feature Chef Matt Finarelli. You will eat & learn how to prepare 4-course gourmet meals. Wines from local wineries will be served. Click on the chef link to see the menus for the cooking class weekends.
Special classes for groups can be arranged – just ask!
Dates for our 2020 cooking class weekends:
- February 21-22, 2020
- March 13-14, 2020
- 2-night stay with full hot breakfast Saturday & Sunday mornings
- Wine tasting with an expert from a local winery & hors d’oeuvres on Friday night
- Cooking class (mostly demonstration) on Saturday night
What You’ll Do
- Arrive on Friday afternoon or evening, when you’ll meet the chef and be treated to some delightful appetizers prepared for your enjoyment. We have arranged a wine tasting of Virginia wines at the inn featuring an expert from a local winery. These wines will be paired with the meal you help prepare on Saturday night.
- Enjoy a full hot breakfast Saturday morning.
- Explore the beautiful Middleburg area countryside on your own — we have lots of information on fun things to do in the area, such as visiting local wineries & craft breweries, horseback riding, hiking, scenic drives, shopping at the Leesburg outlets or the wonderful antique shops in the area, or visiting Civil War sites.
- On Saturday evening we will gather in The Fox Den at Briar Patch (our event building) for the cooking class where the chef will demonstrate and guests will help prepare (and consume!) a 4-course meal. The chef will discuss the many aspects of preparing gourmet meals, including how to prep, how to pre-cook and hold, and how best to present the dishes. And, of course, recipes will be provided. Wines will also be served with the meal.
- Enjoy another full hot breakfast Sunday morning.
These are sure to be fun weekends of good wine, fine food, and new friends.
To make a reservation, email us at email@example.com or call us at 703-327-5911.
Rates For Cooking Class Weekends
|Cottage for 2 nights||$285 plus tax per night|
|Room with a private bath for 2 nights||$195 plus tax per night|
|Room with a shared bath for 2 nights||$120 plus tax per night|
|2-bedroom suite for 2 people for 2 nights||$230 plus tax per night|
|2-bedroom suite for up to 4 people for 2 nights||$270 plus tax per night|
- Hors d’oeuvres & wine tasting on Friday night and a 4-course meal with wine on Saturday night – $125 plus tax per person